In order to submit a paper to JEEA you must be a member of the European Economic Association. The yearly membership fee gives you full online access to JEEA.
For membership rates, please click here.
Members can submit an unlimited number of papers to JEEA and have access to other benefits (please click here to view membership benefits)
The procedure to join the EEA is simple and rapid (please click here).
Once a member, you can submit your paper from the members only section of the EEA website. Please log in on the right-hand side of this page. Once logged in, please click on the link 'JEEA options' that will appear and then on 'Submit a Paper'.
• Papers should be submitted electronically (pdf format only).
• On receipt of the paper, a confirmation e-mail will be sent automatically within seconds. The submission is not complete if the confirmation e-mail has not been received.
• Papers should be in English.
• For JEEA style guidelines, please click here
Data Availability Policy
Please read this section carefully as we are unable to enter submissions which do not comply with our policy on data into the editorial process.
JEEA will publish papers only if the data used in the analysis are clearly and precisely documented and are readily available to any researcher for purposes of replication. Authors of accepted papers which contain empirical work, simulations, or experimental work, must provide to JEEA, prior to publication, the data, programs, and other details of the computations sufficient to permit replication. These will be posted on the JEEA web site.
For econometric and simulation papers, the authors should provide at least:
• The data set(s) and programs used to run the final models. The data files can be provided in any standard format; the programs can be written in any standard programming language (including higher-level languages).
• A description of how previous intermediate data sets and programs were employed to create the final data set(s).
• A description of the purpose of each data set and program. Both description files should be provided in PDF format.
We expect authors of experimental articles to supply the following materials:
• The design summary of the experiment.
• The original instructions given to the subjects.
• Information about subject eligibility or selection.
• Any computer programs, configuration files or scripts used to run the experiment and/or to analyse the data.
• The raw data from the experiment, with sufficient explanation to make it possible to use the submitted computer programs to replicate the data analysis.
On each of these five points, a summary should be given in the manuscript of the paper /and/ a complete version should be provided before publication for posting on the JEEA web site. Again, any description should be provided in a PDF format file.
As a matter of principle, we discourage papers that rely on completely proprietary data. Authors who feel that they can raise an exception should discuss this with the Editors. On the other hand, we will consider papers that are based on data that can only be available at some cost (either monetary or because access to the data is limited, e.g. to some Research Data Centre). In that case, the authors must still provide all programs and instructions a researcher would require to replicate their paper once (s)he has access to the data.